FORTRAN System Interface Routine Library

George Elkins elkins at topaz.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 19 07:34:41 AEST 1989

I need to use some of the routines listed in IRIS 4D FORTRAN 77
Programmer's Guide, Chapter 4, System Functions and Subroutines.
These allow many of the same system calls that can be easily
done in the C language.  I cannot seem to get these to work given only
the man page and the Guide's description.  I would rather use C,
but since I am modifying a FORTRAN program, I am stuck.  I would be
extremely grateful if someone could send me a FORTRAN code fragment
containing some of these (For example, getenv, getlog, fdate, etc.).

George Elkins