SLIP on SGI

Rayan Zachariassen rayan at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Oct 31 13:52:33 AEST 1989

It seems like IRIX 3.2 doesn't come with SLIP, although I vaguely recall
hearing SLIP would be in a future IRIX release (disclaimer!).

However, since IRIX is very much like SunOS in that the tty system is
stream-ized and the networking is socket-ized, you could try your hand
at installing the SunOS 4.x SLIP by yours truly.  Available from
cs.toronto.edu:pub/slip-4.0.tar.Z.  I don't know what the necessary
steps would be, you'll have to wing it based on the Sun-relevant README.

rayan