X-terminal support on SGIs at 3.2 and Greater

"Len Zaifman UoGuelph 824-4120 xt 6566", 519 LEONARDZ at UOGUELPH.BITNET
Thu Oct 12 12:46:48 AEST 1989

     We are configuring a setup where a power series is centrally located
and several X-terminals are on lans connected via routers(IE not on the same
logical segment) to the Power Series. The question is :

      What X-terminals have SGI boot support so that the terminal may boot
from the Power Series ??

      Does this support work to any valid IP address or must the X-terminal
and the server be on the same segment (or node depending on your terminology)?

      Where does this software come from ?? SGI (I should think) or the
X-terminal vendor(which I doubt they supply) ?? Any idea of cost ??

      Also, if anyone has had experience with X-terminals hooked up to SGI
systems, I would be happy to hear any comments on it's effectiveness.

      We expect to be at 3.2 by the end of the month, so any news at that
version or later ,if known, would be of interest.

      Many thanks.

                                           Regards
                                           Len Zaifman