noborder(), fudg(), and VME bus

Paul Connally paulc at boulder.colorado.edu
Thu Oct 5 03:22:50 AEST 1989

  ----- Has anyone had strange results on a PI using the function
	"noborder()"?  It seems to change the given postion of a
	window when using "prefposition()".  What I'm doing is to get
	the coordinates of a window using getorigin() and getsize()
	then closing the window and opening a new one after a call to
	prefposition,

			getorigin(&x, &y);
			getsize(&xsize, &ysize);

			winclose(gid);

			prefposition(x, x+xsize-1, y, y+ysize-1);

			gid = winopen();

	I do this everytime I receive a REDRAW token and each time
	the x postion is one greater and the y postion is one smaller.

	Also, with noborder, everytime I use the middle mouse button
	or the Move command from the managers menu with the right button
	to move the window it places a REDRAW token on the queue even
	if I don't move the window at all (I hold the button down while
	the mouse is off the pad to assure that my hand doesn't move it
	on accident).  This doesn't occure if I don't use noborder(),
	a REDRAW token only appears if I move the window.

  ----- Does fudge() do anything?  It doesn't seem to be enlarging the
	window at all.  I've called it before and after winopen() and
	used winconstraints() and also used winpostion() to see if the
	window is enlarged.  And yes, I've checked after resaphing the
	viewport.

  ----- I've been told not to mess with this one but..Can anyone tell
	me how to read and write the bus directly.  I need to talk to
	some boards connected to it.  I know their base addresses and
	what positons to write and read to access them but I'm not sure
	what to do to get to them.  I don't want to go mucking about
	without knowing EXACTLY what to do.

				TIA,