X11 on a 2400T

James P. Loan loan at polya.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 7 05:50:27 AEST 1989

We at the VA Medical Center would like to port X11 to our 2400T,
as we wait 4-6 months for our 4D-25 to arrive. We can get the
code via anonymous ftp, and the Release Notes (R3) say that
a user-contributed directory contains stuff for porting to
SGI machines, but we have questions before we even try to
start:

* Does it run on 2400's?

* Does it run well?

* Do we have a chance of doing it with 55 Megabytes of disk?

* Do we have to be kernel experts?

* Are we in over our heads just by asking these questions?

-thanks in advance
Peter Loan
VA Medical Center
Stanford University