iris C and C++ problem

George Baciu [CGL] gbaciu at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Wed Sep 27 23:42:05 AEST 1989

A check for the context of keywords in the IRIS C compiler does not
allow sometimes C++ code to be compiled.
The environment is 4D/120GTX running 3.1G.
Is there a fix to this? Or are we using a faulty C++ frontend?

Here's a sample C program that generates the syntax error:

Script started on Thu Sep 21 17:26:03 1989
%
% cat foo.c
typedef (*bar)(int);
foo (bar,int);

main() {}

% cc foo.c
ccom: Error: foo.c, line 2: syntax error
      foo (bar,int);
% exit
%
script done on Thu Sep 21 17:26:15 1989