Any pd versions of emacs running on SGI 4D boxes?

Jean-Francois Lamy lamy at ai.utoronto.ca
Sat Sep 16 11:46:33 AEST 1989

gklaass at yunexus.UUCP (Gary Klaassen) writes:

>Does anyone have a version of GNU Emacs or Jove or microemacs running
>on a SGI 4D/20? If so could you please point me to an ftp site or send
>a diff file or other pointers on how to go about this.

There is a version of jove available for anonymous FTP on neat.cs.toronto.edu
(128.100.1.65, across town).  That version does run on 4d machines.

>							 I have been told
>that getting GNU Emacs running on an SG 4D box is a big job.

I looked around in our source directory; we are running essentially what the
etc/MACHINES file recommends, but additional changes have been made in
config.h and sysdep.c to enable job control (a BSD_JOBCTRL define was added).
temacs was dumping core in index() but a 10 line version in C was added which
fixed the problem.  Making sure that was all would require more careful
scrutiny.

Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy at ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4