mmode and patch

Thant Tessman thant at horus.sgi.com
Wed Sep 6 07:07:33 AEST 1989

In article <8909051554.AA00507 at aero4.larc.nasa.gov>, blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854") writes:

>    I saw the LCD glasses at SIGGRAPH '89.  They didn't work for me, but
> I was in a rush, so I don't know if I was using them correctly.

They have four little buttons on the side for turning them on/off,
clear/shuttered, stereo and pseudo.  People of course messed with these
a lot so the chances that you got them in the right mode is slim.

> What else you buy depends on what kind of hardware you already have.
> Here is the company and their address:
>
>     StereoGraphics Corporation
>     P.O. Box 2309
>     San Rafael, CA 94912
>     (415) 459-4500
>     FAX: 415-459-3020

They are also available through SGI as StereoView.

>    Personally, I think the passive glasses systems sound more economical.

Actually, they are much cheaper than the Z-screens (from both SteroGraphics
and Tektronics) and they have better transmission and much less ghosting.
Great taste AND less filling.

Actually, if you wanted to show a roomfull of people a stereo image from
a projection monitor, then the z-screen is cheaper than buying a couple
dozen Crystal-Eyes.

Call a sales type for pricing.

thant at sgi.com
Let us say, then, to summarize, that a mythology is an organization of images
conceived as a rendition of the sense of life, and that this sense is to be
apprehended in two ways, namely: 1) the way of thought, and 2) the way of
experience.  As thought mythology approaches -or is a primative prelude to-
science; and as expierience it is precicely art.  -  Joseph Campbell