SGI PI <--> Sun

Gary Tarolli tarolli at dragon.wpd.sgi.com
Wed Sep 6 06:27:13 AEST 1989

In article <20824 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, pff at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) writes:
> We just got our Personal Iris connected to an Ethernet.  There is a Sun
> on the same Ethernet and I would like to "drive" the Personal Iris graphics
> from within an application running on the Sun.

SGI now sells the source to the DGL. It works on machines like SUN, VAX,
and naturally the IRIS.  In the near future it will work on CONVEX, CRAY,
etc.  You must still recompile the source and support it on your non-SGI
machine, as we do not intend do buy one of each of the above mentioned
machines.  However, this work should be minimal once the initial port is
working.

Contact John Edelson at the main corporate number for details.  There is
an actual product code and a price and license agreement...

--
						Gary Tarolli