Scanner for PI

Tony Facca fsfacca at LERC08.LERC.NASA.GOV
Tue Sep 19 01:19:22 AEST 1989

 ** This is a repost from a few weeks ago **

> We are looking for a 300 DPI scanner, which can be connected to a Personal
> Iris.  Does anyone have experience with this?  It would be nice if the
> vendor supplied both the hardware and a software driver which would enable
> us to scan in color images, cut, paste, resize, them, etc.   If the format
> of the image file were compatible with SGI's image tools, so much the better.
>
> I'd appreciate any information, suggestions, etc.

I know I have seen scan digitizers attached to Iris's, and at least one vendor
at SIGGRAPH told me they had (will have) a driver for the Personal Iris's.

I am collecting information for a procurement sometime in October/November --
any ideas?

Thanks again,
Tony

Tony Facca                     |     phone: 216-433-8318
NASA Lewis Research Center     |
Cleveland, Ohio  44135         |     email: fsfacca at lerc08.lerc.nasa.gov