Personal IRIS Neophyte asks dumb questions...

tim anderson tima at polari.UUCP
Wed Apr 11 01:37:31 AEST 1990

I just begged and pleaded with my company, and they are sending me
the Personal IRIS that has been collecting dust at the home office. I
have a few questions, though...

First, I really really want to network my PC to this thing. What do
I have to do to get this working? I know step one is to get a WD8003
ethernet card, but beyond that I am a bit lost...

Second, I am a 'software developer' or at least my company is, and this
system will be used to port our existing application. I am interested in
getting the infamous $100 tape of SGI demos - and I will DIE if I can't get
a copy of 'flight simulator'...

Third, I want a NON BRAIN DEAD EDITOR, I use BRIEF religiously on my PC
and will SORELY miss using it. I really do not want to get very good at
'vi'...

Finally, is there an SGI office in Seattle that I could contact for some
hand holding while I get my feet off of the ground?

Of course the networking stuff has to be AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE because I
work for a CHEAP company, and most of the cost of this stuff will come out
of MY pocket. It took me 10 months to finally get this computer, so I can't
push my luck too far.

ADthanksVANCE

tima at polari
uw-beaver!sumax!polari!tima