Workspace launched from remote terminal

karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU karron at MCIRPS2.MED.NYU.EDU
Thu Aug 16 08:21:37 AEST 1990

A very good idea.

I Use a system where I try to keep track of the location and type of every
type of port and tty I have logged in from.  That way, the system knows where
I am, and where my printer closest to me is.  I run a sh subshell from .login
to run `/bin/tty` through a case statement, unless the REMOTEHOST var is set.
However, it truely a hack, and I will have to keep changing it with each new
op system.

I had not thought that there would be only one console, so only the .login run
from console would startup workspace.

Anyway, I prefer to startup workspace by hand, at least for myself.

Thanks for your note.

| karron at nyu.edu                          Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |