Desk sized optical mouse pads.

0000-Bruno Pape0000 root at sgzh.uu.ch
Fri Dec 7 20:32:03 AEST 1990

In article <9012042325.AA02003 at karron.med.nyu.edu> karron at cmcl2.nyu.edu writes:

>I am always running my mouse off its little pad.

Oh, that sounds so sad.

>Does anyone have/make a large optical mouse pad,
>about the size of my disk blotter is what I have in mind.

We have larger than standard ones, you could use them as a desk blotter if
you had a very small desk.  They are 23x28cm. as compared to the standard
ones of 20x23cm.

>Does anyone use such a beast, and is it make things any easier ?

I find my mouse is much happier now that he has more space to roam, it
also makes it much easier to find the damn thing when the papers start
to pile up.  Yes it is an improvement.

>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
>| Fax: 212 340 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
>| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
>| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
>| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
>| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |

They are not on the SGI price list I don't think.  You might be able to get
them from CDC.  I ordered them by mistake, they came with mice with the CDC
logo on them.  Opps.  The SGI spare part number is 021-9033-001 for those of
you who do NOT want to order them by mistake.

Have Fun,

Bruno Pape