Questions bru-ing in my mind

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Dec 19 16:04:48 AEST 1990

I have scripts I use to do what you want (I think?@!).

I use find, egrep -v, fgrep -v, and other home brew filters to make a
list of files to archive, not to archive, and so on. Then, as a last
step I use bru or tar.

I also would like to add that bru does not even know what machine it is on !
There are no brutab entries for the sgi blest tape drivers, or any tapes !

I posted a complaint about no bru entries, or enough info in the man
pages to write bru entries for various tapes and drives.

There should be an entry for each model drive and each size tape media.

If you want to see how I do this, let me know, and I will clean up the
code and put in on my anon ftp.

Cheers!
dan.
| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 340 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |