Desk sized optical mouse pads.

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Dec 7 13:17:14 AEST 1990

Your idea of a split ergo keyboard sounds really interesting. You might
want to contact Keytronics of Spokane, Washington. They make all sorts
of keyboards, and have the parts to make specials. I am not clear
how your idea for a roller ball mouse is better.

The entire keyboard industry is based on the QWERTY concept: Keep the
keys in the most difficult positions so the user does not jam up the
mechanism by typing too fast.

Is there a way to rebind the keys to match the DIVORK (spelling is wrong,
I know that) key positions for speed ? Has anyone done it ?

Another point while on keys: No support for Fkeys and Fkey labels. There
is no support for the keypad and shift keypad. Just rudimentary support
for the edit keys (INSERT, DELETE, HOME, END, PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN).

Cheers!

dan.
| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 340 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |