Prioritizing jobs to be killed on gridlock; was: Re: Swap questions

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 3 07:16:22 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec2.181344.20040 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter S. Shenkin) writes:
>Finally, another way to go would be to implement a batch queue, as Convex
>has done.
>
>	-P.

Small point of information.  The batch queue system (NQS) was developed, to the
best of my knowledge, at NASA Ames Research Center Numerical Aerodynamics
Simulation Facility for their Crays.  Convex has taken that system, which is
pretty nifty, by the way, and packaged it up for use on their systems.  NQS is
also available on Crays from Cray Research.  There is also a PD version, I
believe that you can get fropm either NASA or COSMIC -- I don't recall which.

							spl (the p stands for
							putting the record
							straight, I think)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- 1882p at cc.nps.navy.mil -- a guest on network.ucsd.edu
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943