Help with building gcc

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Thu Dec 20 04:05:39 AEST 1990

pagels at cs.arizona.edu (Michael A. Pagels) writes:

>ccom: Error: ../gcc-1.37.1/stddef.h, line 12: illegal type combination
>      typedef unsigned long size_t;
>      ----------------------------^

I my experience, this compiler error results when you have included the
same typedef more than once via multiple includes or something.  The
compiler error message isn't too clear is it?!

BTW: there is a working version of gcc and g++ source in
~ftp/pub/Gnu-For-Pmax on foobar.colorado.edu.  I was able to compile and
run the Window object c++ code (after making a couple of minor changes that
allow for the differences between c++ and g++) that Thant Tessman posted
not too long ago.

	Good luck.

	- Scott
--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet