DEC LN03 printers

doelz at urz.unibas.ch doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Sat Dec 1 04:26:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov29.162038.4048 at rice.edu>, anand at crysiris.rice.edu (Anand Kolatkar) writes:
> 	Thus, I was wondering if anyone has managed to connect a Digital
> 	LN03 laser printer to an Iris 4d/20 or Iris VGX system?

If you have it spooled on a VAX terminal server queue or attached directly
to a VAX port, you can use the 4DDN (SGI's Decnet) in order to issue a
copy of your file to the laser printer:

% dncp myfile.dat vax::lta9944:

which is basically starting a FAL on the VAX which acts as printer daemon.
4DDN release 2.0 will contain a more comfortable command but the method
is the same.

Hope this helps,
Reinhard