problems setting the time

Chris L. Fouts dprclf at arco.com
Tue Dec 11 02:18:26 AEST 1990

[Vernon Schryver writes:]

> Yes, timed up through 3.3.2 has a bug, where it refuses to listen
> to the date command.
>
> The only solid work around I know is to
> `killall timed; date <new time>; timed -M `cat /etc/config/timed.options`

I've been able to get around this by setting the date on the master site
with two date commands back to back a la

	date -n MMDDhhmm
	date MMDDhhmm

Note that the first date command uses the "no network" switch, the second
doesn't.

Chris L. Fouts				Email: fouts at arco.com
Systems Engineer			Phone: (214)-754-3850
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems

"Don't sugar-coat it -- tell me how you really feel."