Statement of Direction - IRIX 4.0

Jeff Weinstein jsw at xhead.esd.sgi.com
Thu Dec 13 09:09:01 AEST 1990

In article <CHRISA.90Dec10151356 at beldar.ma30.bull.com>,
chrisa at beldar.ma30.bull.com (Chris Anderson) writes:

> >						Also, GL rendering will
> >  become network transparent with 4.0 release due to the integration of
> >  DGL with the GL.
>
> Please tell me this does *not* mean that all my GL programs will now
> achieve the Truly Blazing Performance of X applications :-)

   The only time DGL gets into the picture is when you go over the
network.  Local programs will still use the same old GL.  When you
run GL programs under 4Sight are they hindered by the Truly Blazing
Performance of NeWS?

	--Jeff

Jeff Weinstein - X Protocol Police
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
jsw at xhead.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.