Disabling auto repeat

Mark Surles surles at robinett.cs.unc.edu
Tue Dec 4 09:27:03 AEST 1990

I want to receive one event when a key is pressed down and one
event when a key is released.  When the keyboard is configured
with auto-repeat enabled, multiple key pressed events are queued
if a key is held for more than 0.5 seconds.

How can I disable the keyboard auto-repeat?  I really want a
means to do this from with my graphics program and then
restore the original keyboard configuration when the program
exists?

Does anyone know how to do this from 4Sight?

Thanks,

Mark
surles at cs.unc.edu