emacs

Hannu Visti visti at SAUNA.HUT.FI
Wed Dec 12 19:20:04 AEST 1990

I compiled and installed emacs-18.55 to a personal iris (irix 3.3.1).
Installation went normally, but this emacs cannot handle my .emacs-file,
it complains "error in init file" everytime I start it.
If I take .emacs to a buffer and eval it, it works normally.
My homedirectory is NFS-mounted, and the same .emacs works normally
with the same emacs-version in suns and sonys.

The emacs in the iris rejects also other users' elisp files, not only mine,
and the problem has occurred in all SGI-machines I know.

any ideas?

/hv