iris-ansi or vt100

rbriber at POLY1.NIST.GOV rbriber at POLY1.NIST.GOV
Thu Dec 13 08:59:02 AEST 1990

We have users on our Iris 4D80GT running 3.2.0 that want to telnet to
a cdc cyber 855 running either NOS and NOS-VE.  The problem is that the
cyber 855 doesn't know about Iris-ansi terminals.  Now we could write
a term def for the cyber so it would understand Iris-ansi terminals but
no one really wants to take the time to figure out how to do this (or
where to look for the necessary information).  Much more convenient would
be to have the Iris look like something simple such as a vt100 or vt102 for
the telnet session.  Does anyone know a way to do this.  Email directly or
post to the net.

Thanks in advance.

| Adios Amebas,         | "I've tried and tried and I'm still mystified, |
| Rob Briber            |  I can't do it anymore and I'm not satisfied"  |
| NIST 224/B210         |                           -Elvis               |
| Gaithersburg, MD 20899|  rbriber at poly1.nist.gov   (Internet)           |
| (301) 975-6775 (voice)|  rbriber at enh.nist.gov     (Internet)           |
| (301) 975-2128 (fax)  |  rbruber at nbsenh.bitnet    (Bitnet)             |