Every little bit color ?

Kurt Akeley kurt at cashew.asd.sgi.com
Tue Dec 18 13:31:06 AEST 1990

In article <9012151554.AA06362 at karron.med.nyu.edu>, Dan
Karron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

|> You(sgi) are ignoring a large and important part of your future audience
|> (and customers): Professional film interperters and soothsayers. I remember
|> reading about the infancy of High Fidelity: People argued that the
|> human ear could not hear what we now consider an important part of the
|> audio spectrum.

Jeff's comments about the limits of human visual perception should not be
understood to be SGI policy; they represent his opinion only.  Others of
us here at SGI read Stereophile religiously, do not accept 8-bit DACs as
the eternal "right" answer, and continue to work hard to improve the visual
quality of our products.

-- kurt

p.s. just my opinion, of course