rtar, rdump on SGI's

pa1081 pa1081 at sdcc13.ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:08:51 AEST 1990

I would like to do central administration on our SGI's by backing
them up and doing all tape operations through our alliant FX/80
which has a 1/2" tape drive.  When I called sgi customer support,
they informed me that this would not be possible (due to byte swaps
and such).

The question is, does anyone know of a way or public domain routines
that allow tape operations over the network between SGI Personal
IRIS's and 4.3bsd systems like the Alliant?  Please let me know....

Steve Diggs
{uunet, ucsd}!photon!steve