Stardent's Application Visualization System (AVS) on SGI boxes ??

Ian Hoyle ianh at merlin.bhpmrl.oz
Thu Feb 22 16:01:36 AEST 1990

At last I'm finally going to get my very own 240 GTX to do some volume
visualization work and more general stuff. I have already asked this group
about ChapVolumes vs VoxelView comparisons (thanx v. much for the replies
people :-), but would now like to pose another question.

Having just read through Stardent's glossy blurb on their AVS (Application
Visualization System),

a) has anyone ported this to an SGI machine (probably GTX architecture) since
   source code licences are available

b) does SGI have any plans to provide such a higher level visualization tool
   for users ??? I should think such an application would be ** very ** well
   received.

				ian

--

                Ian Hoyle