shademodel

Gary Tarolli tarolli at riva.esd.sgi.com
Thu Feb 15 09:30:09 AEST 1990

In article <2548 at fs1.cam.nist.gov>, blue at cam.nist.gov (Jim Blue) writes:
> I just got my Personal Iris and was trying to run the examples in the
> Graphics Library Programming Guide. The very first example bombed with
> Segmentation Error. The offending line is
> 	shademodel(FLAT);
> If I take out this line, it works. Doing
> 	shademodel((long)FLAT);
> doesn't help.
>
> Does shademodel work for others?

The usual explanation for this is that you called shademodel() before winopen.
Only a few of the window hints are legal to call before winopen.  The others
require that there be a current window. From your description I cannot tell
if this is what you did, but it sure sounds like it.

--
						Gary Tarolli