polf errors on 4D 70 GT

sherman at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu sherman at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 25 12:31:18 AEST 1990

/* Written 12:10 pm  Feb 23, 1990 by jsivier at UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU */

>     Has anyone else noticed anything like this?  I am displaying a large
> number of objects on a Iris 4D 70 GT. There are at least several hundred
> polygons on the screen at any given time.  As I move my POV around various of
> the polygons will have their centers clipped out.  The left and right ends are
> displayed correctly but the center portions are not there.  These polygons

Sounds to me like the near clipping plane needs to be nearer.  Did you try
this Jon?

> Thanks
>
> Jonathan Sivier
> jsivier at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

/************************************************************************/
/* Bill Sherman								*/
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications			*/
/* University of Illinois						*/
/* Champaign-Urbana							*/
/* Internet: wsherman at ncsa.uiuc.edu					*/
/*   "You want to do mankind a real service?  Tell funnier jokes."	*/