jove, other makes

Robert G. Brown rgb at PHY.DUKE.EDU
Fri Feb 23 10:16:43 AEST 1990

I am having a pretty fair degree of difficulty porting jove, ntp, and
a few other useful public utilities onto a new SG 220S.  Most of the
difficulty revolves around Irix not quite knowing if it is V or 4.3
or neither, running down the libraries, running down the include files,
etc.  In both these cases, however, I have run into a core of objects
needed by the source that are just not to be found.

Has anyone ported jove, TeX, and all the useful unix software available
via ftp to the SG's, resolving in makefile/source form all of these
difficulties?  Is there a ftp repository of them through which I can
browse?  Does anyone out there have any rules of experience to share
concerning ports (such as always using -I/usr/include/bsd as a compile
switch)?  Note that the other machines where this software is installed
on our LAN are mostly 4.3BSD (or thereabouts) Suns.

      Robert Brown