Workspace

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Tue Jan 9 05:08:22 AEST 1990

In article <9001061723.aa01026 at SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, S090726 at UMRVMA.UMR.EDU
(Bob Funchess) writes:
> I was looking through the ~guest directory and found a directory called
> .workspace.  This is 3.1 rev D.  If I understand correctly, this is the
> name of the graphical user interface.  Is that part of 3.1D, if so, how
> do I access it, and is it worth bothering with, since I may receive 3.2
> at any time?

WorkSpace is not in any revision of 3.1.  I don't know how your guest
directory acquired a .workspace directory.  Every WorkSpace user has
a .workspace directory in ${HOME}.  This is where WorkSpace stashes various
databases that tell it the workspace configuration for that user.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."