Obtaining a unique, "unchangeable" number associated with an SGI workstation

Sam Fulcomer sgf at cs.brown.edu
Sat Jan 13 08:47:32 AEST 1990

In article <102 at tachyon.UUCP> sch at tachyon.UUCP (Steven C. Holzworth) writes:
>  Looking at it from the viewpoint of a potential customer:  Is it worth it
>to invest approximately $40k-$50K to double or triple the productivity
>of a $40k a year engineer?

Be realistic here; not that many engineers are still using pencils ,slide
rules and card decks. How's your product been doing since it was released?
Has there been a steady increase in sales? What's the Corps think of it?

The bottom line is that almost all software >>is<< PC software (or soon will
be) from any surivable marketing viewpoint. I certainly hope the $40-50k
includes a PI.