X.25 Product

David Fenstemaker davidf at colnago.wpd.sgi.com
Fri Jan 19 10:48:05 AEST 1990

Silicon Graphics has developed an X.25 Gateway product
and we are currently looking for customer Beta sites.

If you would be interested in being a Beta site for
our X.25 product, please contact me (e-mail) at
davidf at sgi.com.

The Silicon Graphics's X.25 Gateway has the following features:

  Interfaces Two X.25 Channels
  1984 CCITT X.25 Compliant
  Concurrent 56Kbits Operation (64Kbits in Europe)
  Relieves 4D of X.25 Processing (Intelligent Controller)
  Direct Data Link (OSI Layer 2) Access for High Speed Point-to-Point Links
  V.21bis or V.35
  Level 2 (HDLC) and Level 3 (X.25) Application Programming Interface

The Silicon Graphics's X.3/X.28/X.29 has the following features:

  Meets 1984 CCITT X.3, X.28, X.29
  Provides a Unix Packet Assembly/Disassembly Facility
  X.29 Support (Remote Login, Execution, File Transfer)
  Provides Log File Support for Call Recording
  Symbolic X.25 Network Address/Parameters Names
  Supports Closed User Groups, Reverse Charging, RPOA Transit Network Selection

Thanks!