elementary problems

M.Gajhede Dept. Phys. Chem. HCO, Copenhagen DK gajhede at nbivax.nbi.dk
Wed Jan 17 01:38:18 AEST 1990

I have just got a 4D/20 and have a few elementary problems, that I hope
someone will answer for me:
1. Is it impossible to create an anonymous account ? Sysadm says
max 8 characters, and modifying passwd manually makes telnet work
but ftp does not know the user.

2. I get an error from the windows server when trying to log in
after creating a resolv.conf file:
domain dk
nameserver 129.142.96.42
no problem to log in from telnet connected terminal

3. Trying to set up smtp using the manual shows discrepancies between
the decribed sendmail.cf and the one on the system tapes. Can smtp use
names from a remote server ?

Help would be appreaciated
Michael Gajhede Dept of Chem. Phys. Copenhagen university
michael at kl4vax.ki.ku.dk