DGL server for SUN or TAAC? - plus a question...

Tim Hall tjh at ouzo.bu.edu
Mon Jan 8 11:23:37 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan7.174208.27895 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> lansd at dgp.toronto.edu (Robert Lansdale) writes:

>for a TAAC board (we have a number of Iris/4D's but only one 24-bit Iris
>display and a 24-bit TAAC board which is only writable from a SUN).
>
>---> Rob Lansdale

It could be that I'm the one confused but...

Awhile ago I posted a question about DGL on SUN's and got replies from
people suprised that the DGL ran on SUN's.  People also seemed
confused about what the DGL does.  As I understand it, the DGL only
uses the SGI geometry engine, but it allows you to send commands to
it from remote machines.  So, a dgl routine won't use a TAAC (or
any other non-SGI engine/display) to compute or display an image on.

The question...

When using the DGL and making a display list (graphical object) does
it save the display list on the server or the client?

-Tim Hall
tjh at bu-pub.bu.edu

"The world is filled with the cries of dispossessed children in search
 of paradise" -Dead Can Dance