elementary problems

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Fri Jan 19 09:21:18 AEST 1990

In article <12806 at cgl.ucsf.EDU>, gregc at cgl.ucsf.edu (Greg Couch) writes:
> Enclosed are context diffs to remove the case sensitivity of hostnames
> in the NeWS server.  I have reported this problem to Mark Callow of SGI
> and he said it will be fixed in the next release.  The context diffs
> were produced by /usr/lib/rdiff (from the dev.sw.rcs software product)
> which is amazing like the 4.3 BSD diff program.  Use the patch program
> to install the fixes (or do it by hand).

The case sensitivity problem has been fixed and the fix will appear in the
next release.  Canonicalizehostname converts all hostnames to lower case.

/usr/lib/rdiff is the diff program for rcs and is essentially the 4.3BSD diff.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."