Help with Iris 1200 XNS driver for VAX/VMS

Nathan Okinaka okinaka at ssc-vax.UUCP
Wed Jan 17 07:08:58 AEST 1990

We just upgraded our VAX 11/780 from VMS 4.7 to VMS 5.2 and now our
Iris 1200 graphics processor from Silicon Grahpics will not communicate
with our VAX.  The Iris 1200 is connected to our VAX via ethernet using
the XNS protocol.  The XNS driver that we have on the VAX is no longer
compatible with VMS 5.2 and we do not have the source to recompile and
relink the driver.

The local sales rep from Silicon Graphics politely said that they do
not support the Iris 1200 anymore and I'm essentially out of luck.

Is there anyone out there that may have a solution to this problem or
have had a similar problem?

Nate Okinaka
(206)773-2687
The Boeing Company