upd: 3.2 querks

Jack Weldon jweldon at renegade.sgi.com
Fri Jan 12 11:24:14 AEST 1990

In article <3300 at uceng.UC.EDU> trohling at uceng.UC.EDU (tom rohling) writes:
>In the previous posting about the ./ things, I've found out that the
>problem is not there when you log in through telnet.  Only when you login
>on the console.  More reason to say: ??????????
>
>Tom

One very obvious question is, "Is "." in your path"?

I have attempted to duplicate your problem here at SGI, but need some more
information.  Are you logging in to the same account on the console as you
are when you telnet in?  What do you get after you telnet in and type
"echo $path".  If "." is in your path, there should be no reason why you
cannot execute the files without having to type ./foo  If you are still
having trouble with this, give the Product Support Group a call.
We will resolve this if you can't.

Jack Weldon
Product Support Engineering