stdarg.h/code generation botch?

Spencer W. Thomas spencer at eecs.umich.edu
Tue Jul 31 14:22:44 AEST 1990

Well, mea culpa.  It has been pointed out to me that the correct
stdarg usage is:

int scanargs( int argc, char **argv, char *format, ... )
				    very important ^^^

However, I plead a little justified ignorance:  I cannot find an
on-line man page for stdarg on any of the Iris 4Ds to which I have
access.  Maybe it's in the printed documenation, but I'm not any where
near that.

Why did varargs work, you may ask?  Well, the compiler recognizes the
argument name 'va_alist' as a special case...

Anyway, it was 'user error', and I will be more careful to RTFM in the
future.

--
=Spencer W. Thomas 		EECS Dept, U of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
spencer at eecs.umich.edu		313-936-2616 (8-6 E[SD]T M-F)