IRIX 3.3 Question

Steve Jay shj at ultra.com
Sat Jul 14 05:29:25 AEST 1990

In <11056 at medusa.cs.purdue.edu> krk at cs.purdue.EDU (Kevin Kuehl) writes:

>	This may seem like a silly question, but how do you get IRIX
>3.3?  We have software support on our two 4D/20's and two 4D/25's, and
>we thought we would automatically be sent the upgrade.  Do we
>specifically have to ask for it or should we have received it already?

I was told by an SGI person, who appears to know what's going on, that 3.3
is NOT a "push" release.  This means 3.3 will be sent only to those who ask
for it, or those who are on record with SGI has having bugs that are fixed
in 3.3.

I'm not sure of the procedure for asking for it.  I'd try calling
the hotline/helpline (or whatever it's called), and then contact your
local salesperson if that doesn't work.

Steve Jay
shj at ultra.com  ...ames!ultra!shj
Ultra Network Technologies / 101 Dagget Drive / San Jose, CA 95134 / USA
(408) 922-0100 x130	"Home of the 1 Gigabit/Second network"