imagefile -> pprint -> lpr

James D. Meiss jdm at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Tue Jul 24 07:37:40 AEST 1990

	We are trying to print a .rgp file (created using
snapshot) to our postscript printer. The procedure that we
are using, which works, more or less, is the following

	Convert the file to postscript using pprint
	Send the file to the (bsd network) printer using lpr

	Two Problems: 1) the image is scaled to have its width
equal to the width of the page (8 inches). How do we get it to print
at the original size? pprint seems to have some options, but we have
no documentation on how to use them.
	2) The images are created in black and white (We clear the
window to WHITE and draw in BLACK), but the printed image has a light
grey background. In fact the .ps file which pprint creates is mostly
"f9f9f9f9f9" for the background, which I imagine is grey. Is there anyway
to get a white background?

	Is there a better way to do this?
	Are there any subroutines out there in netland which we can
use to add printing capability to our programs? I guess we'd like to be
able to generate postscript files in some easy way.

	Thanks
	Jim