IRIX 3.3 Question

Jason Molenda molenda at s1.msi.umn.edu
Tue Jul 17 05:40:08 AEST 1990

aihaug at AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Daniel A Haug) writes:

>From article <1990Jul13.204439.19295 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, by dhinds at portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds):
>>
>>     I called the SGI hotline, and they told me that 3.3 was going to ship
>> in August.  I'm confused - there seem to be quite a few people who have
>> had it for a while, judging by the messages posted here.  [...]

>This is not unusual by my experience.  We typically get our update six
>months after everyone else [or so it seems]...

We called our local rep and they had the distribution tapes at their office
and let us borrow them to do the upgrade.  I'd say try your local office...
Officially, I guess the upgrade won't be shipping until some time in
August (like David Hinds said).

Jason Molenda, Minnesota Supercomputer Institute
molenda at msi.umn.edu