setting SUID for scripts

Tony Facca fsfacca at AVELON.LERC.NASA.GOV
Mon Jul 30 23:55:04 AEST 1990

> I am trying to set the SUID on a shell script.
> It appears beeing set with the ls command, but has no effect.
> Is it the case on this system that one can only SUID on programs,and not
> on scripts???

In versions of IRIX prior to 3.3, you could use the "-b" switch on a C-Shell
script (#! /bin/csh -b) to do this.  I have read or heard that 3.3 won't allow
SUID on scripts, so you'll have to use a C program with some system() calls or
something to get the same results.