X11R4: who has what ???

James Helman jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jul 21 04:20:20 AEST 1990

> I don't know if we got the binary object code archives, or if already
> compiled and ready to link archives are available.

Along with a patch to X11R4 for IRIX, I also put out X11R4 binaries,
libraries and include files for anonymous ftp from
fresnel.stanford.edu.  I'm not supporting or planning to update these
files, which date from IRIX 3.2 (tho' I'm still using them under 3.3).

> What are the contractual and legal issues that a developer such as
> ourselves should know about the X from sgi or mit ?

Can someone from SGI comment on any licensing terms for distributing
binaries which have been statically linked against SGI libraries
(libc, libgl, libX*)?  How about binaries linked against shared
libraries?

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			6 Trillium Lane
Stanford University				San Carlos, CA 94070
(jim at thrush.stanford.edu) 			(415) 723-9127