sendmail problem.

Clifford B Miller millercb at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 31 00:52:04 AEST 1990

I am maintaining about 20 diskless PI clients off a single SGI server.
I have a problem with sendmail.cf on the clients most recently added:
the mailer expands what should be
"@research.nec.com:millercb at theory.princeton.edu" into
"@research.nec.com:@research.nec.com:@research.nec.com:......", ad nauseum,
and of course mail -v reports "rewrite: expansion too long... cannot
resolve name..." in such cases.  I have been using the same sendmail.cf
on all these clients, re-freezing the configuration on each client.
The only difference between the older clients
that work and the newer ones that don't is that the newer ones have
their client-tree space on a new disk that I recently installed on the
server.  Everything else about this disk and its file systems appears normal
and functional.   Where is the problem?  (1) sendmail.cf?  (2) the new
disk?  (3) the share/client tree?  (4) the nameserver?  (5) ????
Any help would be appreciated: e-mail to cliff at research.nec.com.
 Clifford B. Miller, Research Associate / Systems Administrator
 NEC Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey  (609) 520-1551
 Internet: cliff at research.nec.com		USMAIL: NEC Research Institute
 BITNET: MILLERCB at PUCC				4 Independence Way
 UUCP: ...princeton!necserve!cliff		Princeton, NJ 08540