calendar question

Jim Tomlinson jdt at voodoo.uucp
Thu Jul 19 02:21:42 AEST 1990

We've got a user who's receiving two mail reminders for each entry in his
calendar file, so we're investigating exactly how those reminders are
mailed.  The man page cryptically notes that 'normally this is done
daily by facilities in the UNIX operating system.'  How exactly (and by
what) is this done?  It's not in a crontab (the logical location, IMHO),
and 'grep calendar [/unix, /usr/sysgen/master.d/*]' yields nada. Thanks
for any light that can be shed on this.

Jim Tomlinson             P.O.Box 24346   \
BoGART Project            M/S 6M-17        \  "Give me some of that
Boeing Computer Services  Seattle, WA 98124 \   voodoo thang!" - Colin James
(206) 234-7741   ....uunet!bcstec!voodoo!jdt \