TeX for SGI

russell at CCU1.AUKUNI.AC.NZ russell at CCU1.AUKUNI.AC.NZ
Fri Jul 13 17:40:00 AEST 1990

>Does anyone have a public domain implementation of TeX for
>Silicon Graphics?

I have suscessfully installed TeX from the standard Unix distribution which
is available from june.washington.edu. Watch out for the default for
characters, I can't remember if they are signed or unsigned by default,
anyway TeX assumes the opposite. You need to make a change in the site.h
file. The place is clearly indicated.

Alternatively there is a packaged system in 4 compressed tar files on
vgr.brl.mil this is compiled and ready. It is a miminal system but does include
a previewer for the Iris.

Russell.
|  Russell Fulton		'phone +64 9 737-999 x 8955       |
|  Computer Centre		domain	rj_fulton at aukuni.ac.nz	  |
|  University of Auckland	fax     +64 9 303-2467		  |
|  Private Bag			time    gmt -12 (13) (summer time)|
|  Auckland, New Zealand.					  |