Request for Help/Information on Power Series

Tim Hudson tjh at iris.mincom.oz.au
Tue Jul 17 17:38:59 AEST 1990

For the last *year* we have been having problems with our IRIS 4d/140.
What I would like to know is who else has a Power Series machine and what
sort of problems (if any) they have been having with the machine and what
sort of response have they received from Silicon Graphics with respect
to solving the problem.

The sort of problems:
	o  PANIC: CPU N: assertion failure!  + more information
	o  invalid kpte (lots of times)
	o  efs oops (once only)
	o  PANIC: CPU N: KERNEL FAULT `Software Detected SEGV'
	o  PANIC: CPU N: KERNEL FAULT `Read Address Error' - this one
	   seems to have gone away now - hasn't been seen for a few months
	o  CPU N goes to 100% interrupt and processes hang

I have full core dumps and kernel stack traces and console message logs
if anyone is interested.

Tim Hudson

Hardware Configuration:
	IRIS 4D/140
	32M memory
	4 16 MHZ IP5 Processors
	FPU: MIPS R2010A/R3010 VLSI Floating Point Chip Revision: 1.5
	CPU: MIPS R2000A/R3000 Processor Chip Revision: 1.6
	QIC 150, 8mm cartridge
	2 * ESDI 780M Interphase controller
	2 * SMD 1.2G Xylogics controller
	2 * CDS 6-port serial boards