CHEAP SECOND SOURCE INDOES FOR PERSONAL IRIS WANTED

Tony Facca fsfacca at AVELON.LERC.NASA.GOV
Sat Jul 28 03:28:31 AEST 1990

> WE RECENTLY GOT A PERSONAL IRIS.  HOWEVER AFTER LOADING OUR SOFTWARE
> WE GOT A MESSAGE: "OUT OF INODES"  DO YOU KNOW WHERE WE CAN GET SOME
> CHEAP REPLACEMENTS FOR THE ONES WE"VE USED?
>
> I HEARD SGI CHGARGES TOO MUCH, AND MAC INODES CAN BE USED IN STEAD.
>
> THANK YOU.

I think you can get some government surplus inodes for cheap.  Of course you
have to make sure that you ask for "plain file" inodes or else some sleazy
salesman might try to pawn off some of those "directory" inodes on you.

I also seem to recall an anonymous ftp site from which you could get some
Public Domain inodes.  You should probably call SGI if your machine is still
pretty new, they may not have shipped you all the inodes which you ordered.
Don't try installing these things yourself, you better get a trained
professional to help you out.

Hope this helps..  ;-)