gl question - editing large objects

Kian-Tat Lim ktl at wag240.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 27 05:20:38 AEST 1990

In article <9007251346.AA24480 at acf4.NYU.EDU>, karron at ACF4 (Dan Karron) writes:
>Is it correct to say that the entire compiled objects part of the gl is
>obsolete ? Are there any specific instances where you should use it ?

	I believe that objects are necessary to get the most benefit
out of DGL, the distributed GL library.  Objects may be stored on the
display server and redisplayed with one call, minimizing traffic over
the net.

	Then again, how many people are actually using DGL?  [This is
not purely rhetorical.]
--
Kian-Tat Lim (ktl at wag240.wag.caltech.edu, KTL @ CITCHEM.BITNET, GEnie: K.LIM1)