Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines (BLAS)

Bron Campbell Nelson bron at bronze.wpd.sgi.com
Tue Jul 17 12:22:01 AEST 1990

In article <90Jul13.100737edt.8304 at ephemeral.ai.toronto.edu>, tff at na.toronto.edu (Tom Fairgrieve) writes:
> Does SGI have an optimized version of the BLAS (Basic Linear Algebra
> Subroutines) available for the 4d/240?  If so, how does the performance
> of this version compare to a version produced by the f77 compiler with
> -O3 optimization level set?  I'm interested in all 3 levels of the BLAS.

As far as I know, SGI does not have versions of the BLAS libraries.
However, Kuck and Associates, Inc. (KAI) in Illinois does sell math
libraries that are tuned to run on SGI multiprocessors.  If I remember
correctly (always a dangerous assumption) one customer was able to
hit over 50MFLOPS on an 8 cpu machine using the KAI software.

My *personal* opinion is that the KAI library is very good and very fast.

Contact KAI directly for more info.  I believe Debbie Carr is still their
marketing person: try  dcarr at kai.com

Standard disclaimer:
This is provided for information only.  Neither I nor SGI make any
warrenties, either express or implied.  And so on blah blah blah etc. etc.

--
Bron Campbell Nelson
bron at sgi.com  or possibly  ..!ames!sgi!bron